At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, November 29, 2010

November 29, 2010

Kia Ora!

This week has been pretty good. Its getting hotter every day, and humid. Sitting down in lessons, and even right now, I'm sweating. Sounds like the complete opposite to home haha. I think it sprinkled a tiny bit once this week. Today me and Elder Jenkins did a deep clean of the flat, and we have maggots and cockroaches. We kept the biggest one in a jar for a pet. Well, the closest thing we can have to a pet. Elder Jenkins is an pretty good companion, even though he's tone deaf when we sing in lessons. He's very knowledgeable, but also good at relating to people. I'm learning more and more about being able to talk to people and being myself.

Somebody told me something that really put it into perspective. I'm sacrificing two years from my family so that others can spend eternity with theirs. Thanks so much for the pictures! Sadly there's nowhere in our area where we can get pictures developed. I'm so glad that we know families can, and through the priesthood ours will, be together forever.

Rosie and her family continue to go through a lot of trials, but their facing it much better. Well, at least Rosie and Matekino. There's tention between the kids, but despite it all, Rosie is set for this Saturday November 4th. That is if she quits smoking and drinking coffee. Our DL said that if yesterday was the last one, then she can be baptized on Saturday. A miracle!

Yesterday we ran into an evangelist for the 7th Day Adventice church. Not from what was said, but by thinking about the expirience as a whole, I learned a big lesson. As many points as he tried to bring up, and no matter how flattering his words were, the spirit didn't accompany his words. He was passionate, but no spirit. I'm glad we teach people about that and invite them to pray and find out for themselves, rather than us convincing by words alone. Very interesting lesson.

Sorry, we have a lot to do today, so email time is short. Hopefully I'll be able to copy the pictures to my memory stick and be able to send the card home.

Ka Kite Ano!
Sincerely,
Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment