At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, July 30, 2012

Kia ora 30 July


Kia ora whanau,
     Transfers went great.  Found out that was moving for my last one.  Any guesses?  I'm covering Te Kuiti and Taumarunui again!!!  Except I'm also covering the Ta Awamutu Ward.  I loved this area last time I was here, and I still love it now.  My new companion is Elder Hughes (Elder Huge he's 6'8)  from Sanford Colorado, and he's easy to get a long with, which was an answer to my prayers.  This will be the greatest last transfer I could have asked for. 
     Yesterday (Sunday) we went down to Taumarunui to give a talk each, and also the combined Priesthood/Relief Society training.  It went pretty well even though there were only about 6 adults and 3 youth and 3 or 4 small children.  We also took some time to set up the missionary work and coorelate with the branch president down there since its an hour and a half away. 
     Elder Hughes and Elder Hatch (who I replaced) had just cleaned out the pipeline and there are 4 investigators now.  Ripeka is the closest to baptism.  I haven't met Repeka, but from what I've heard, she's ready for baptism.  The only thing standing between her and baptism is her dad.  Elder Hughes has told me that for some reason the dad won't let us teach her without him there.  Because they were busy with sports all weekend we weren't able to see them.  But we're going to go by as soon as we can.  The good news is that they came to church.  Both her and her dad. 
     I'm excited to work in these areas again.  I know we'll have great success in covering 3 wards/branches.  We just need to get everyone on board!
     Thanks for all the Pics of Leah.  Hopefully she gets out of NICU soon.  Can't wait to see her!  Keep sending pics when you can!

Arohanui! 
Sincerely,
Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment