At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, October 4, 2010

October 4th Kia Ora!

Kia Ora!
That's how you say hello in Maori, pronounced key-or-a (technically key-a or-a). Things are good here. The weather has started to stabilize. Monday and tuesday were good, wednesday was cloudy, thursday we got rained on all day (the small rain coat works great, thanks!) and I was wet from my waist down, friday was cloudy all day, saturday and sunday were good. Its really cold in the mornings. The flats here aren't insulated. So we sit by the space heater to warm up and then exercise. Oh yeah, since friday we don't have to wear our suit coats until after 5pm! Its starting to get pretty warm in the afternoon. I haven't really felt the humidity yet, and the mornings are pretty cool and crisp, so the first couple hours of proselyting the sun feels really good, and the shade gives you goosebumps. Sounds like its been pretty hot up there. And dry. Its already feeling weird that down here we're heading for summer.

So yesterday I endo'd on my Bike. We were riding down the road, and there was a car parked, so we looked back to see if there was a car coming so we could check if we could go into the lane a bit. I saw a car, and when I looked forward again Elder Eckery had stopped. I hit my brakes (even the bike brakes are backwards) and pulled the right brake (front) too hard and my momentum took me over the handlebars. I got a little scrape on my knee, but no tears in clothes or bending of bike parts. Lucky me!

We've met some pretty interesting people down here. We had quite the discussion with a very strong athiest/evolutionist who attacked ever point of doctrine. Saying stuff like- if graviy was a god, and she experienced that "feeling" then she was a god. She was just crazy. Then there was a guy who said his testimony hinged on that he wanted to know where adam was made. God put him in the garden, but where was he created? and he said that Adam was 60 feet tall.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment