At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, January 10, 2011

Jan 10, 2011

Kia Ora!! and Happy New Year!!

Can you believe its 2011 already? I come home in 2012. I know that's a trunkie thought, but I don't think there's a missionary here that doesn't think of home every day. Sorry I didn't get to email you last week, New Years holiday carried over to monday, and all the shops were closed. It sounded like Sister Porter sent out an email explaining it a little bit. Things here are starting to pick back up from holiday brake, so we're able to see more people. We have two people set for baptism down in Taumarunui, but we can't see them very often because we don't have very many Kilometers given to us. Thomas (11 yrs old) is about as golden as they come. He has fellowship that worked with him until he was ready for the missionary lessons. His parents are both members. His dad is active, and his mum was active until a couple of years ago. He keeps every commitment we leave him, and he even called us one night and told us that we forgot to leave him something to read. They other investigator's name is Hazel Rerekura (35). She was almost baptized back in 2003, but she said she won't let anything stand in her way this time.

New years was pretty lame, well from a missionary's perspective. There were some guys drinking outside our flat until like 4am. There were a few fireworks, and a drunk guy singing happy birthday to 2011 really loud. Sounds like you had a fun New Years with the blessing and Xcountry skiing and things. I didn't realize it, but I'm a cold weather kind of person. I love the cold. Last Friday was really hot!! 85 degrees F. and 70% Humidity. And we went out tracting all day! but that night I popped the monster zit that you can see in pic #3, and it was just like that volcano that was on my chin a long time ago. Super disgusting.

Time's up, Love you all! You're in my prayers!

I'm in Kiwi-land


 cooking butter chicken curry in my apron

 trackting (I have a monster zit on my cheek)



Ka Kite!
Sincerely,
Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment