At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18, 2011

Kia Ora from Kiwi Land!

Things are going alright here. I should say that except for our investigators not progressing much everything is fine. Its really frustrating when everything is set up to start moving forward for basically everybody, and then nothing happens. Polly was going to come to church, finally, but then her baby woke up with a fever so she stayed home. Wayne came for sacrament meeting, which was good, but then he disappeared afterwards. Brad came, and to my surprise he's progressing more than I thought he would. Saturday we had a lesson with Wayne and he said that after Sunday he would be out of dope, and he wouldn't buy any more of it. So we went by after church and tried to give him some encouragement. We did the best we could but he said that he's getting stressed more and more, no doubt from their restless and rebellious 4 yr old son. He's not a good kid most of the time. Sometimes he runs through the church, when he's frustrated with his parents, growling and yelling the 'f' word so everybody can here it. We're doing the best we can to show them how the gospel can help, but Wayne isn't progressing much. Its even harder because Daniella, his wife, is a member coming back and has already given up drinking and dope for 2 weeks now. But we're going to keep working with him.

Transfers are this week, and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be transferred out. Which is actually frustrating because I really want to see Wayne, Polly, and Brad get baptized. They are all so close. Everything else is going fine. The rain is getting more frequent, which is fine unless I'm on the bike, I'm healthy, happy, and still working hard. Every day that goes by, and every conversation with those of other faiths that wont accept the fullness of the gospel strengthens my testimony that this is the true church of Jesus Christ. We have too many pieces that no other church has. And there are so many witnesses that I see every day. I'm so glad to hear everybody back home is still active in the church. Every time I hear of part of a missionaries family is less-active, it makes me so greatful to have the family I have. Mum and Dad, thanks for raising the family the way you did, I really appreciate what you've done for me and our family.

I'll keep you updated on when (if), and where I get transferred to. I appreciate all your prayers, letters, and emails, and everything that you do to help support me as a missionary!

Arohanui!
Sincerely,

Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment