At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, May 2, 2011

May 2, 2011

Kia Ora Whanau!

So the results are in for 'Where in NZ is Elder Sorensen?' Somebody got it right. But who could it be? Mum, I'm not in Tokanz. Dad, I'm not in Chinnepaka. Jared, I'm not in Oingraue. Jake and Lauren, I'm not in Awakino or Gisborne. Michelle, You got it right! I'm in Tokoroa and its really nice here. Autumn has fully come and the leaves are changing and falling off the trees. I didn't think there would be as many trees changing colour as there are. I thought they would all stay green year round. The town is pretty flat so I don't have a very good lookout over it. But we also cover Putaruru, Whakamaru, and Mangakino. But they split this area last transfer, so we're on bikes. Hopefully that means that I'll loose a little bit of weight, even though its usually the other way around. Its usually in a car that missionaries loose, and on a bike that they gain.

Next week it is. I've sused it out with my companion and I'll be calling at around 10:30am here. so that should be what, 4:30pm there? Hopefully I did my math right. I found a place that sells pretty cheap calling cards. For here to the USA its 3.9c a minute. So I'll get a card and call you. Alright? I think that we can call for a couple minutes on Sunday (here) to set it all up.

In answer to the question about the government here, its under the Queen. So there's a national parlament here with a Prime Minister.

Sorry, today's going to be a bit short because we're going to Bro. Stone's farm for P-day. I know that sounds kinda lame, but I've heard from a lot of missionaries that its a lot of fun. But I'll be talking to you next week. So if you want to be there for the call I'd love to 'hear' from you next week.

Arohanui!
Sincerely,
Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment