At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4, 2011

Kia Ora!

This week the south wind has finally set in. I guess there's been an unusual high over New Zealand keeping it "warm". But now its moved away and its frosting overnight now. Even on Thursday, I think, there was a bit of frost on my helmet after our dinner appointment with some members. And that was from 7-8pm. Its really humid and it makes for some real heavy frosts. The days have been nice though. No rain......yet. I finally decided that its cold enough to wear my thick rain coat, sweater, scarf, and gloves. So thats been enough to keep me warm. And wasn't June 21st the shortest day of the year? So the days will get longer/warmer from here right? right? I hope so.

So I haven't met President Lekias yet, but our district is heading up to meet him in Rotorua on Saturday. Looking forward to hearing his ideas and get working for him. So that and Paige's baptism this saturday are really the only things happening.

I forgot that it was the 4th of July until I read Mum's email about the fireworks. Here its just another day. No one said anything and so it really surprised me that that's today. Sadley no fireworks for me, but Guyfox day is coming up in the beginning of November, and thats when everybody lights their fireworks here. Hope everybody had fun. Mum said that fireworks have been legalized in Utah. Does that mean ones that leave the ground, like bottle rockets? Does that mean that firework selections are going to be good in Utah?

Well I love you all, and thank you for all your support. It always helps me. Until next week,

Aroha nui!
Sincerely,
Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment