At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, June 27, 2011

27th June

Kia Ora!!

Day 7302 of my captivity on this strange planet. Its now been about 300 days since they've moved me to a strange land where the natives are completely hostile to the work I've been asked to carry out. I've worked hard to share this message with this people and few are willing to listen, but for those that are, much good is coming to them. One has even managed to move her initiation (baptism) to the 9th of the 7th as they call it here. (Or as back home July 9th). Everything is looking well for my time here in this land they call Aotearoa.

Things this week went really well. Its true that the harder you work, the faster the time goes, and the more blessings you recieve. The only thing is, is its hard work haha. But yeah, Paige has decided to more her baptism from the 23rd of July to the 9th. So that sounds good to me, and we agreed. She's still really liking church and young womens and is excited to get baptized. Elder Mayer is going to interview her tomorrow. We've gone over the questions twice with her so she's all ready.

Last week we taught 22 lessons and got 13 new investigators. Pretty significant eh? We've been praying hard, and working hard, and now we're seeing the blessings come. And then this morning we had a conference call with the whole district and Zone Leaders and they've asked us to look at the record (for the companion who's been in the area the longest, for preach by the way's, new investigators, and total lessons) and they want us to hit that by mid week. Quite the stretch they're asking us to do, but we'll do our best, have faith, and see what happens. Things are looking good though, we've got Tuesday, and Wednesday pretty much booked up. Which is new for this area.

Thanks everybody for the birthday wishes. It was an alright birthday. Didn't feel any different than any other day. Earlier Jack, and investigator, and his wife made me a cake, so that was really nice. And then that night President and Sister Porter called and sang happy birthday to me. Other than that and the happy birthdays from home, I just worked all day. I also felt something funny when I woke up on Saturday, it almost felt like brain cells were starting to come back. I felt more intelligent as I talked with our investigators, and really all around more intelligent. Is this how you feel all the time dad?

Thanks for all your support, your prayers, and your emails/letters. I love you all! I'm working hard, I'm happy, I'm healthy, and I'm loving New Zealand.!!

Aroha nui!
Sincerely,
Elder Sorensen



No comments:

Post a Comment