At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, June 20, 2011

June 20, 2011

Kia Ora Whanau!!


This last week was quite the spiritual/emotional roller coaster. Last Thursday was the temple trip and it was really amazing! Its been 9 months since I went last. When I was at home I don't think I appreciated the feeling that you get at the temple that I did this time, because of how often I went. I mean, I'm glad I went that much because I learned a lot. But a lot of faith growing experiences have happened since my last visit. The feelings I got as I walked into the celestial room and having President Porter give me a big hug was a very special, overwhelming experience. I love the temple. I understand more and more why President Porter says that above anything else, the most important thing in this life is to be right with the Lord.

 Where's Elder S? top right second one in
After the temple we went to the Higgins Rd Chapel (the one I went to in my first area). And he gave his farewell talk. He gave some time for question/answers about anything, whether it was about his jobs previously, his marraige, changing presidents. He bore his testimony and we all sang God Be With You Till We Meet Again. Between that and hugging him goodbye, there wasn't a single dry eye in that whole group. It'll be a lot different with a brand new mission president. But we're still all working for the Lord right? Just a different twist/style.

Then on Saturday we had a trade off with the Zone Leaders. Thats always stressful. This time I stayed in Tokoroa and was with Elder Edlefson. He's pretty cool, pretty chill. Still works hard, but not as full on as all the other ones I've been with. Elder Hussain has mellowed out too. We're at a really good pace.

Other than that, not too much is going on. 2 weeks till mission presidents change. 3 weeks till transfers. And thats about how far my calender goes. Oh yeah, one more thing. HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD!!!! (its this weekend isn't it?) Thanks for all you've done for me Dad! Aroha nui!

Aroha nui!
Sincerely,
Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment