At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, June 13, 2011

June 13. 2011

Kia Ora!!

I thought it would be done getting colder, but its still cooling off bit by bit. Friday was really the only day it rained, but it was cold and rainy. I got a little bit sick, but after my companion gave me a blessing I'm all better. Sadly thats not the same with my companion. His asthma 's been playing up and he's not feeling too well. So we've set up a doctors appointment after this.

On Friday when we were biking through the rain, man, I've never been so wet in my life. Squishy shoes, dripping clothes (super glad I put my scriptures and stuff in a plastic bag), and it felt like I just got out of a cold swimming pool. Experiences of mission life right?

A few updates on the people I'm teaching at the moment. Paige (~12) finally came to church and loved it. Hopefully everything goes good for her baptism on July 23rd. Last Tuesday we had another good lesson with Jack. He accepted the baptismal commitment, meaning he said yes he wants to get baptized, but he's pretty reluctant to set a date quite yet. He said he'll get baptized when he knows more and knows its true. But he'll for sure get baptized. We're going to keep working with him as best we can. Pania, the one who was really sincere about everything, a really good investigator dropped us on Friday night. She said it was personal reasons (probably because her ex husband is in the ward). She said that she's going to keep reading/praying, and talking to Brother Wright. Pretty hard to take when the investigators are that good. Other than that, nothing too big is happening. But we're always looking for more people to teach and more miracles to happen.

I'm going to try to upload some pictures since you asked so nicely.

                                                            Foggy day at the temple

                                       Our Tokoroa flat (the back half that you're looking at)

                                                            Church College NZ Statue

I'm happy, healthy again, and loving my missionary life. I always appreciate your love, support and prayers!

Arohanui!
Sincerely,
Elder Sorensen

Elder Steven Snow of the Seventy visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment