At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, August 15, 2011

Aug 15, 2011

Kia Ora Whanau!!

     IT SNOWED HERE IN TOKOROA!!!!!!!  Its the first time I've seen snow in over a year!  It started after I got out of the shower and my companion was in the shower.  So I had to run out and play in it a bit.  It only built up a tiny bit on the car windscreens, nothing on the ground.  It lasted off and on for about an hour or so, and now its sunny, but still cold.  People here have said that in their lives they can only remember it snowing in Tokoroa like 3 or 4 times.  They say that it only snows in Taupo and Turangi southwards, so I thought I'd never get to see the snow in New Zealand, but boy am I lucky.
     Peter and Vienna's Baptisms went great!  A real special one.  The spirit was there and lots of people were crying.  Not me though, I'm tough.  I looked over at Vienna's mum while she was getting baptized and saw the tears in her eyes.  After the baptism both Peter and Vienna bore their testimonies (after a bit of encouragement).  Vienna walked up to the pulpit with one of her friends from the ward by her side.  Its always so touching to see the power of friendship.  Peter was grateful for the friends he has made in the ward, and he said he hopes to be able to live up to what he said he'd do. 
     To think that a baptism like Vienna's came from one of the young women inviting her to church a few times, her feeling the spirit, and asking her if she wants to learn from the missionaries.  It can happen so simply.  It makes me think back and wonder if there were any non members who came to church that I didn't talk to. 
     Peter also bore his testimony at church on Sunday too.  The confirmations were great too.  The ward mission leader has a great idea of spreading out the new member lessons over three months so that they can have good contact with the member during the hardest part of conversion. 
     Things are great, and I'm happy to be a part of such a great work.  Aroha kotau, I love you all.
Aroha nui! 
Sincerely,
Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment