At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday August 29th

Kia ora, or now I can say Malo se fua!

     Transfers happened, and the news is I got shifted out.  I'm back in the city (Auckland).  My companion is Elder Fiu from Savai Samoa.  I'm covering two wards in the Waterview Stake.  I cover Avondale, and Titirangi wards.  Its a pretty big area for the city.  On Sundays we are at church from 9am till 4pm going to the two wards.  There was a convert baptism on Saturday, which was the first on in the Titirangi ward in about a year and a half.  So thats about all I know about this area.  Elder Fiu has been out for about 6 months now and he's pretty on top of it.  He went to church college for his four high school years, so his english is pretty good.  Its pretty cool to hear him speak samoan to other people.  I wish I'd been called to one of the language programs.  I found out that Elder Falepapalangi (my MTC compnion) was put in the Tongan program pretty much right after he got here.  Now he's training in the English program for this transfer.  I found out that he covered all the tongan speaking people in the stake I'm in now.  
     There's a lot to look forward to in this area, its big with heaps of people.  My district here covers the Chinese elders, the samoan elders, and us.  There used to be the tongan elders too, but they closed the area for at least this transfer.  And that means we've got a car for this transfer.  That sure would have been nice in Tokoroa.  But I'm happy we've got a car.  If I can get a picture I'll show you my area.  But we stay on 121 Lynnwood St (I think Avondale).  I don't know how to explain it any other way.  
     I don't know much else to talk about, so I'll let you all know about stuff next week.  I love you all and appreciate your support!

Aroha nui! 
Sincerely,
Elder Sorensen
Baptism of Peter and Vienna      
Cristus at Visitors' Centre


My last district
                                                  

 Me kicking Elder Fiu into the font

Baptism of Bianca Pita

My companion Elder Fiu (Savai, Samoa)

No comments:

Post a Comment