At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...

Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday, October 3rd

Kia ora!!

     The rain of spring/summer is here.  Its been pretty rainy with a few rays of sun here and there.  Saturday was the first day that we could go without suit coats...until 5pm.  It was a bit cold, but we had to do it because we could.  Then Sunday Pare and Aubrey were baptised and confirmed!!!  It was a close one, but it all came together at the last minute.  
     Pare's baptism was really good.  She was a bit nervous but happy.  A good support from the ward came, but not too many, which is just the way she wanted it.  The program was nice and they had some nice refreshments.  We didn't get to have much because our ward mission leader didn't have the programme ready for Aubrey's baptism which was in an hour.  So we went and did up his programme trying to figure out who could conduct and who was presiding.  We left a message with one of bishop's family that the baptism was on a few days prior, but he didn't get it until Saturday morning.  We tried calling him but no answer.  So we were all stressing about who of the bishopric could come and preside, or if it would have to be Elder Walk.  We couldn't print the programme until we knew.  Anyways, bishop showed up at the chapel and said it was all goods.  He was a bit skeptical of if Aubrey was really ready because of his reasons last time, and if he'd really be baptized.  But he allowed it and things went ahead.  The talks were good and we had a good pianist and a few ward members came to support.  So we were really happy that it all went through.  
     The confirmations cut it too close for my comfort though.  I didn't realize, but Elder Fiu said that sacrament meeting (for Pare) started at 10am.  So I tried to call at about quarter after 8 to make sure she was ready.  When Elder Fiu got out of the shower I told him I couldn't get a hold of Pare, and thats when he realized he said it was at 10.  Luckily brother Vuki (her ride) waited for her.  While we were waiting at the chapel they had already gone through the ward business and the song and prayer, and were just about to head into the sacrament when Pare showed up just in time.  It was a bit rushed but she felt the spirit come to her, and thats what she was really looking for.  
     I called Aubrey at about 11 and made sure he knew it was at 1, and he said yep.  I asked if he had a ride, and he said that Christine, his girlfriend would bring him.  So I felt good with that.  But when 1:00 came around and he wasn't there I was ready to smack him over the head.  But he came just in time, again.  When we went up to the stand we asked him who he'd like to do it.  He said Elder Fiu.  He said a nice blessing and I thought everything was all good.  When we sat down I saw Aubrey and Elder Fiu walk out of the chapel.  I had no idea what was happening.  Apparently he wanted Bishop Siomanu give him the Holy Ghost and that we didn't explain to him that thats what we were doing.  He felt angry and wasn't sure if he had really received the gift of the Holy Ghost.  So after sacrament meeting we had a talk with him and bishop.  We cleared everything up, and bishop was able to articulate and confirm to him that he did receive the Holy Ghost.  
     It was a really good, really stressful week, and I've learned a lot of lessons.  This week was really rewarding.  Thanks for all your prayers in my behalf, and as you can see, they work.  I really don't think Aubrey would have been baptized if it weren't for all the prayers for the missionaries around the world and in the temples.  I love you all! 
Aroha nui!  
Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment