At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, March 12, 2012

Kia Orana March 12th


 This week was pretty eventful.  Started off on Monday during emails the Tongan Elders walked in and asked us if we rode here on one wheel.  Tongans are usually cheeky and I wasn't going to take any of it so I said yeah right.  But when we left someone had stolen Elder Fox's front wheel off his bike.  We finally got a replacement from another missionary but had a hard time trying to fix the holes in the tube.  Finally fixed it, and rode on it for about half a day then it exploded on my companion.  Then Elder Fox got pretty sick for a night and a day with diahrea and vomitting.  I felt bad for him.  He got up probably 4 or 5 times through the night.  Probably something he ate.  I don't know what it could have been because I only had a slight difference nothing like him.  But we carried on working the next day.  Then yesterday and today I've had a fever and a massive headache.  I just hope it goes away soon.  
     Aside from that we were so excited about a massive miracle this week.  We went to dinner with a member,shared a spiritual thought, and asked if they knew anybody we could teach.  After a bit of thinking they realized that their grandson and granddaughter haven't been baptized.  So we were able to have a lesson and set them for the 24th of March.  It was because I'm not sure what they'd been taught or how many times they'd been to church.  Elder Walker then committed us this week to reset them for this weekend.  So we're hopefully going to have 2 baptisms this Saturday!
     Sister Funaki and Sister Vailea had 3 Baptisms this weekend!!  They said it was really spiritual and all three bore their testimonies after they were baptized.  They have 2 or 3 more that qualify for this month, but they just need parent permission.  I've told them to pray about it.  And our goal for this week is to have a very spiritual friend share every day this week at least.  
     I'm struggling a bit with Elder Fox, that I have to ask him to do pretty much anything.  I have to tell him when to get out of the shower, I have to tell him to shave so we can be on time, I have to tell him everyone to talk to.  And its weighing on me more and more.  I'm trying to be patient and encouraging, but its getting really hard.  I'll keep pushing forward as best I can and hope for the best. 

Arohanui! 
Sincerely,
Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment