At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, May 21, 2012

May 21st


Kia ora whanau!

     This week was a great week.  We had a combined stake baptism on Saturday.  There are 10 full wards in our stake, and only 2 wards participated by way of baptism.  Ours and Hillary ward.  Then we had Stake Conference on Sunday.  So Fa'apoi didn't get confirmed.  Stake Conference was great, and to top it off we had a great miracle.
     Stake Conference with Elder Bednar was great.  I learned a lot from each of the speakers.  One big thing that hit me was the talk about mothers.  I learned I don't have to be perfect without mistakes right now to do what I need to do.  As I do my best, I can be the right person at the right time for somebody.  And Elder Bednar's talk is something I can take to all my investigators and converts.  Gain a testimony, and continue to develop and deepen our conversion.  
     The miracle we had this week came from a PBTW.  His name is David.  We had just called one of our appointments to confirm if they'd be there, and found out that they didn't want us to come by.  As I hung up the phone, a man was hurrying past.  Its so easy to let them go by, but I stopped him and started talking to him.  Found out he just moved into the area and is ready for a change in his life, and we showed up at the perfect time.  We even were able to set him for baptism on the street!  We set up a lesson and committed him to come to church.  He was honest and showed up to the lesson, and came early to church to have a chapel tour.  He's so awesome!
     This week our district is striving to find 1 more person to be baptized, 2 new sets, and 8 new investigators.  It will really help us bring our focus onto finding and committing, and stretching our faith.  

Pictures from Stake baptism







Arohanui! 
Sincerely,
Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment