At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, June 18, 2012

June 18th


Kia ora koutou kotoa!
 
     So transfers was on thursday, and the result was I shifted, and Elder Lee stayed.  My new companion is Elder Fulthorp from the outskirts of Sydney Australia.  I'll get a picture of us some time, but as you probably know, time is really short during the day. 
     This area is a bit of a change, so I'm still trying to get used to it.  I love that we have 4 set right now, so we've reached the standard.  We just need to keep it and set more.  I've met most of our investigators and they seem pretty good.  And we also shared our training yesterday at church.  It was smooth and spiritual, which is what we were going for.
     The people in this area seem a lot more polar.  Either really keen, or pretty rude.  I'm happy its still the same work though.  One awesome experience was my first night here.  We had a second lesson with an investigator named Bohinya.  We were talking on her doorstep, and I was trying to get to know her.  Elder Fulthorp had told me a little bit about her niece passing away recently, and so when she said that to me I asked her a little bit about it, introduced the plan of salvation, and she said she had a lot of questions that nobody has answered for her in the past.  I promised her answers as she listened to what we shared about it.  She was honest, she had lots of questions, but at the end of the lesson, she told us that we answered a lot of questions that nobody else would.  So we invited her to be baptized, and she accepted!  She's really happy about it too!  She's preparing for the 7th July.
     Then on Sunday we had the combined Relief Society/Priesthood lesson.  I wished I had more time to learn how to work with Elder Fulthorp better, but we did pretty well.  My favorite part was the role play.  We invited Sister Solomon to come role play with us and she did a perfect job.  She even committed to inviting her sister (non member) this week to a family home evening.  It was the role play, but she's really going to do it.  Bishop Turner closed with his testimony and shared how he was going to invite his nieces to hear the gospel.  It turned out really well.
     Funny Story.  Pulling out of our flat Saturday after dinner (sunset) and we went not even 5 meters, and a policeman pulls up and tells us to come over.  He inspects my bike (only a headlight)  and tells me I need to have a headlight/tail light and reflectors.  I thought I was going to have to go buy them, but he goes to the car and gives me a pair of lights (probably around $60) tells me to put it on, and then leaves.  Kinda scary, but I'm happy to have them and use them.
     Ps.  If anyone wants to see where I stay I'm in Manurewa, Rowandale ward, and I stay on Browns road right next to the netball courts.  And yes, I'm still on bikes.

Otara District + mission vision

Pange, E. Lee, me

Pekepo Family (Tepaeru, Arona, Maara, E.Lee, Me, Alisha, Cheyenne)
 

Arohanui! 
Sincerely,
Elder Sorensen

Pps (I got the package, thanks family!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment