At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, February 14, 2011

Feb 14, 2011

Kia Ora Whanau!

This was a fun week last week. Elder Luckhardt and I left Friday afternoon to Taumarunui (toe-mah-roo-noo-ee), and stayed at a member's place till Sunday evening. It was sure nice to get out of Te Kuiti for a few days. And while we were down there we had a baptism on Saturday morning. It was a little stressful because the family actually lives in Auckland, but comes down every weekend. And Thomas (whom we baptized) doesn't like going to big wards, and he love's this branch, didn't come in until late Friday night. We were planning on seeing him Friday night, but we missed them by about 5 minutes. But the baptism went all good, and I'd sent pictures, but my companion's card reader isn't working. Cancel that. Got it.

I got some really amazing sunset pictures, but again the card reader isn't good, and I can't connect my camera because it's dead. We didn't find any success down in Taumarunui, so we probably won't go down for a while now. I'm going to miss the beautiful countryside down there. But here, Angel Puletaha is working with a couple youth who are really interested in joining the church. So we'll have some work here to do. Its cool to see how well the work moves forward when members do the finding and we do the teaching. Thats how its really supposed to go.

Glad to hear Mum's over her cold, now dad, get over it. Yeah, your daylight is getting longer, but my days are getting shorter. I'm starting to notice it more and more. I think the rain will be here when your spring starts to hit there. No, you didn't tell me about Jennie Joe's mum. Thats cool that President Monson is going to speak at it. If you get a chance, you should shake his hand.

Oh yeah, did you clean off my camera card onto the computer yet? If so, you could send it in your next package. And Happy Valentines day!

Arohanui!
Sincerely,
Elder Sorensen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment