At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, February 7, 2011

Feb 7, 2011

Kia Ora!

This week's weather report: Super muggy and humid. Average 80% humidity, and average daytime temperature 80* F. I can't wait for winter time. I realized something here, I'm a cold weather person. So on Saturday we went to give service to this Mauri lady mowing her lawn across the street from the park. When we got there she didn't have a mower and it started to rain. So we stopped by this youth activity and taught them how to play ultimate frisbee. Because we were going to mow a lawn I wore my jeans. It was so humid and hot! It rained enough to get everything wet, and then the sun came out to make it pretty much unbearable. But anyways, when I put on my jeans they're feeling a bit tight. I guess I've gained enough weight to make a difference. Do you think it would be better to look for a pair here or send some to me? But I did learn how to tell Samoan's how to stop putting food on your plate when you're full. You say "maonga" (mah-o-nga). So hopefully that'll help me lose some weight. And I'm trying to get myself to exercise more in the mornings. Its just really hard when your companion basically sleeps on the floor for exercise.

So with the new month they reallocated K's for our car. But they made an even bigger mistake. They thought we were at 1200 last month and so they thought they'd be nice and give us 1500 for the month, when they really gave us 1800 +200 last month. I hope they can get it all sused out. But we were able to go to Otorohanga last Sat. and it felt really good to get out of Te Kuiti after about 2 weeks of working in the small area. Brother Stockman (1st councillor) gave a funny expirience at church. They took a few buses out for his work to Bennydale, and when they came back, I guess they saw us riding our bikes down the main street. And the bus driver said "there go those *bleeping* mormons." And then other people on the bus started saying "yeah, they came to my house too!" But the stake rep for the branch said to start looking for a bigger building to meet in because the chapel is pretty small. So the work is really going forward.

Thank you so much for the package! Its good to eat american lollies again. Its been a while. The one's here aren't quite as good. When you sent the tetris game, did you know that I'm not allowed to play electronic games? Its really cool, and I would love to play it, but I can't.

Thanks for all you guys are doing for me! I appreciate all the prayers, and packages, and emails! Love you all so much!

Arohanui!
Sincerely,
Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment