At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February 1, 2011

Kia Ora!
     Its been a wet couple of days which has been really nice to cool things off for a while.  There was a cyclone that hit the islands, like Tonga, Samoa, and it slowed before it hit New Zealand.  And the main part of it hit Auckland.  We just got some good wind and then some rain.  Last Saturday we had a baptism.  Her name is Stacey Puletaha.  She's the branch mission leader's wife.  Everything worked out perfectly.  Friday night it started to rain, and the baptism was supposed to be outside at a pool of one of the members.  By answer to a few prayers, Saturday morning was a beautiful sunny day, with some wind, and then it rained Saturday night, and most of Sunday.  Yesterday was pretty wet as well.  For P-day we played basketball in the rain.  It was hard, but pretty fun.  Speaking of weather, it would be really cool if you could get me a 5 day forecast for NZ (central if you can).  That would be awesome and I'd appreciate it. 
     Transfers came and went without much change.  I'm still in Te Kuiti with Elder Luckhardt.  We were going to get a third elder, one from my in-take, but they changed they're minds at the last minute.  They decided to get him to train a new missionary instead.  We have one more baptism set for this month, Thomas.  He's pretty awesome, and now that its a new month (meaning more Kilometers) we can go back to Taumarunui and catch up with him and sus everything out for his program. 
     We've basically talked to everybody here in Te Kuiti both in tracting, and in talking on the streets.  Not much work is happening here.  So we're pushing our leaders to give us more K's.  Then we can do more work in Otorohanga and Taumarunui.  Things are getting stressful with the mission president's new vision of baptizing weekly.  They tell us to try to set all of our investigators with a baptismal date, and then when they're not prepared and they fall through, our leaders tell us to "stop the bleeding" meaning stop letting people fall through.  I like the idea of progressing and working harder, but I think weekly is a little too fast to get investigators to progress and get an adequate testimony.  I'm personally following preach my gospel and not baptizing anybody who's not ready. 
     Anyways, My time is pretty much up and have to get back to work, but I love hearing from you guys.  And I think I got your package.  Elder Mayer (DL) said he has a package for me and my companion or something like that.  So I'll pick it up tomorrow at district meeting.  Thank you so much!  I really appreciate everything, the prayers, the packages, the emails, and everything you all do for me!  I love you all so much!  You're in my prayers. 
Arohanui!  (love)
Sincerely,
Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment