At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, January 24, 2011

January 24,2011



Kia Ora!
Its been a wet week here in kiwi-land. Its rained for about 3 days now. It really feels nice to get out of the hot sun for a while. Although it is kind of annoying to get as wet as we do. Mum, your right, I love the rain until I get caught in it ;). Nah, I still love it. Everybody here calls the rain "rubbish weather." But its rained so much that the river is really high. If it rains as hard and long as it did yesterday, then it might run onto the road like it has in the past. I took a picture on the way over here, but its already gone down a bit already. (see pic.)



Last Monday we went on a pretty good bush walk. Its just out of town about 2 k's. I got some pretty cool pictures. It felt just like it looks walking through a tropical jungle. It was way cool. Really hot, but fun. We went with some members, and they all went for a swim in the river, but of course I couldn't join them. Instead I just stood under a waterfall. My companion and I ran up a big as hill to see if we could see into the next valley. By the time we got down I was dripping from sweat. It gets so humid here. Still not used to being so wet from sweat.

Yesterday my companion Elder Luckhardt and I gave a fireside to get the member work going more here in the branch. We've knocked on pretty much every house except maybe a few random houses. So this week we're starting round two for tracting. We don't have very many K's allocated to us this transfer, but the zone leaders said that they're going to give us some more next transfer. I don't know if thats a little bit of a hint that we're going to be staying for next transfer. They're on Thursday this week, so I don't know whats going to happen until probably Wednesday.

Oh yeah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE!!!! I hope its a good one! Treat yourself to something nice, on me ;). Ofa la Hiatu, Love you all so much! Thanks for all you do for me in supporting me!

Until next week...
Ka Kite!
Sincerely,
Elder Sorensen

Elder Bednar in NZ




No comments:

Post a Comment