At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, February 28, 2011

Feb 28, 2011

Kia Ora!!

This week has been a pretty good week. Its been really nice being able to be in the car and not ride the bikes around. Yesterday I talked to the police officer again about my bike, and he brought a picture line up of kids that might be involved. I identified the kid who we confronted on the bike last week, and the police officer has identified a few kids that are probably involved. The kid he caught on the bike, when he brought it into the station, he said had been ''dealt with''. So they still have the bike in the station and I think they might have the kid who stole it replace the parts that were taken off of it. That would be really nice, but I'll keep you updated as things come up.

The work here is doing really good. We have three people set for baptism next month. Tiaroha is the most keen, and she's set for the 12th of March. She's really good, but she beats herself up for past mistakes. So we're working to show her that she can be forgiven and that she can let them go. The other 2 are going to take a lot more work. Michelle is 17 and her partner is 24, and they live together. They're pretty interested as well so we're working on getting them a testimony enough to make the changes necesarry to be baptized.

And the best part of all of this is, I'm finally feeling comfortable doing the work. Its taken me 6 months (tomorrow!!!), but I feel alright doing all aspects of the work. I'm happy, healthy, and loving this country. Zone conference is coming up on this thursday, but I don't think there'll be any changes so that I can't email. Hopefully today we're gong to go to Witomo/Aranui/and Ruakuri caves for free with a couple investigators that work there. It'll be a lot of fun.

My testimony just keeps on getting stronger as I learn to trust God more and more. I know that we do have to restored truth, and I'm so grateful for it. I love you all, and thank you all for your support!!

Arohanui!
Sincerely,
Elder Sorensen


No comments:

Post a Comment