At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, March 14, 2011

March 14, 2011

Kia Ora Whanau!

Its been a quiet week here in Te Kuiti, Kiwi-land. The results of transfers are in. I stayed, Elder Luckhardt moved to Tauranga. My new companion is Elder Cannon from St. George. He's been on the mission only one transfer longer than me. He's Senior and the driver, but so far I've been doing everything but the driving. He's a lot like me, quiet unless he needs to talk. So in order to keep the lessons moving with the investigators I've had to start leading the lessons. I didn't know how stressful it was to be senior companion (unofficially).

But things are moving along here. Te Aroha is going to be baptized this Saturday, but because of Stake Conference, she'll be confirmed the following week. She's super excited and ready for baptism. She's also got some friends that are looking into it a bit. Hopefully we'll be able to start teaching them soon. Other than that there's not work here. I've knocked on literally every door. So we're hoping to go to Otorohanga as much as possible. We just have to plan out how many K's we're going to use for District Meeting and other trips.

We're heading into Fall here. The temperature drops to about 50*s at night. And so the rivers are making some pretty mean fog. I took some pictures on the way to Te Awamutu for transfers. They're pretty good. And last week for P-day we climed to the top of Brooke Park. And so I had to take the Kevin picture. Got a pretty good picture of all of Te Kuiti. Not much else is going on here. Well, the tsunami hit Auckland at about 40 cm high. Basically nothing. But I heard Cali got hit by it, and Hawaii, and of course Japan. Pretty scary stuff, especially right after the Christchurch earthquake. They say that Christchurch is having about 5 aftershocks every day. Some getting up to 4.0 on the scale. But no need to worry about me, I'm safe and in-land in basically the middle of NZ.

Random fact. When New Zealander's say the alphabet, they don't say 'z'. They say 'zed'.
Love you all, and I'll stay in touch. Thanks for the love and prayers.
Arohanui!
Sincerely,
Elder Sorensen





No comments:

Post a Comment