At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, July 25, 2011

July 25, 2011




Kia Ora!!

We've been really spoiled this week with warm weather. It felt like spring back home when all the snow is melted, the air is cold, but the sun is warm. I guess its not supposed to last much longer. There's some kind of wind coming off the ice caps or something like that, and we felt it get colder this morning. We haven't had frosts since last week, which is sure nice when we bike around at night.

So last week we had a bit of frustration in the companionship. I think it was mostly because Elder Jibas is used to the city and lots of work and heaps of families and baptisms. He's really frustrated that the country is a lot slower. So he's been frustrated with me, and makes me do all the work because I know the area, which makes me frustrated with him. So I know I'm a part of it. But we were able to talk it out during weekly companionship inventory (mandatory communication) and things are good again.

Jack and Paige were both baptized and confirmed this last weekend!! Finally and thank goodness! It was pretty stressful running around and getting everything set up and sussed out. But they both went smoothly and successfully. Jack's Baptism was huge. There was probably 70/80+ people there. He's got a pretty big family, and they're pretty much all SDA (Seventh Day Adventists). But they still came to support him being baptized. And in NZ whenever there's that many people gathered together, there's always a big feed afterwards.

Speaking of big feeds, after church on Sunday Bishop Manu made a boil-up for us for lunch. It was probably the nicest boil-up I've had since I've been out. Most of them are nice, but a bit watery.

At church they had I think 9 new callings. And while going through them, they called Jack to be the YM's 2nd counselor. And he was just confirmed on Sunday! Sure took me by surprise. But we also got a new ward mission leader, since last week they unexpectedly released our old one without giving a replacement. Bro. Wright is in his Early 30's I think, but he served his mission in Japan. So we met with him a bit, and he seems really good and ready for the calling.

I'm doing well, and time is going fast for me here. We've got work to do and its really rewarding to watch people come into the gospel. I'm greatful to be a part of this great work, and I'm making the most of my time here in NZ. Still happy, still healthy, and still working. Love you all, and thanks again for everything.




Aroha nui!
Sincerely,
Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment