At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, January 23, 2012

Kia ora 23 January

Kia ora koutou kotoa!

     This week was amazing!  I got to shake hands with Elder Quentin L. Cook of the quorum of the 12 Apostles!  It was an amazing experience.  That was pretty much the first thing he did, was get up and say that he wanted to shake everybody's hand.  We sat near the back and we watched them go row by row.  A chapel filled with Elders and Sisters.  As I watched him shake their hands I noticed that he would look deep into everybody's eyes.  Kinda freaked me out when I first noticed it.  but I got to go up and shake hands with Elder and Sister Cook, Elder and Sister Collister, Bishop (?) and Sister McMullin (presiding bishopric), Elder and Sister Watson, and lastly Elder and Sister Hamula.  Pretty neat, eh?  The visit from Elder Cook and the other general authorities was truly a God-send.  I've thought of some ideas to keep myself happy and lots of things to do.  I'm so grateful I was able to be a part of that, unlike when I missed Elder Bednar because I was out in the country.  All their comments at the conference were golden.  I just wish I didn't have the head-ache, and that I had a perfect memory to record all their words.  There's no way to rewind and replay the past is there?  Just kidding.  I got heaps of notes out of it and I go through it often
     This week went pretty good with our investigators too.  Sadly Hetaraka (H) didn't accept the commitment to come to church, and didn't come to church so he is no longer set for baptism.  But we were able to set another investigator.  We found out that our most progressing investigator is moving just outside of our area!  Tasman and his wife Olipa are moving to second ward.  That was the investigator that we were able to set for baptism.  And they're moving to Elder Florence and Elder Wilson's area.  I'm sure they'll take care of them and bring them into the ward there.  Dos is moving forward with his testimony, but he's having a hard time kicking his desire to smoke.  And our last lesson with Hetaraka (H) was on the sabbath day, but we had to cut it short so we couldn't find out what his concern was.  With God's help we'll be able to provide the solutions for them to accept.  
     Things are still good with my companion Elder Clark.  We have things we're working on, but there's no problems in our companionship.  I'm happy healthy and having a good time!!

Crapes with NZ ice cream, jam, and chocolate

My companion got eaten by fleas.  Can you find the 11 bites in the picture?  
(he now has about 30 bites on the same arm)

Home made chilli-cheese chips!

Arohanui! (All my love)
Sincerely,
Elder Sorensen

The owner of this internet cafe just came up and gave us a few pictures from Whangarei area that she took. Here they are.








No comments:

Post a Comment