At age 19 I chose to leave my family in Providence Utah for 2 years, to spread the Gospel to the people of New Zealand, so they can be with their families for Eternity...


Save the date: 9-9-9:00

Monday, February 6, 2012

Kia ora koutou kotoa ra! (2/6/12)

Kia ora koutou kotoa ra! 
 This week was a very busy, very stressful, and very productive week.  I feel really good about the week.  There's definitely things to improve on, and I think there always will be.  But I feel we're right on track with improving.  Like I've said before, this area is ready for harvesting.  But we need support from the ward.  Its coming, but slowly, and still without a ward mission leader.  Everybody in Whangarei 3rd ward already have big/stake callings, which is the problem.  Everybody is overworked and down-hearted.  I don't know what to do to lift everybody up and be excited like Whangarei 2ne ward is.  But they're planning on splitting and re-arranging the ward boundries to create a new ward and possibly a new branch as well.  Pretty exciting huh?  
     Some exciting news about Elder Clark, he's training a new missionary!  I'm sure he'll do great.  So that means I'm probably going to get shifted.  I think he'll just need to give the new missionary time to talk make mistakes and grow, rather than just trying to do it all and get it done himself.  Thats the only thing I'm trying to suss out with him even for myself.  
     Sorry sometimes I'm so short in words, but its just so hard to explain everything thats going on.  But what's cool is that we're teaching 25+ lessons a week on average.  Last week we taught 26.  And 3 investigators came to church.  One of them came on his own too.  
     Good things are happening here, but I'm excited to see what I can do in my next area too!

Arohanui! 
Sincerely,
Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment